It’s been a hot M&A market for at least ten years. If anything, it feels like it’s heating up, and it’s not likely to get better than this. I work with many business owners who have received unsolicited strong offers to sell their business in 2021. I touched on how to respond to these offers in Someone Offered to Buy Your Business. Now it’s time to dig deeper.
If you own a business, it’s likely your most valuable asset. You need to plan for it. That doesn’t necessarily mean selling your business. But it’s a strong option right now. And you should understand it.
I discussed the M&A market today in our recent webinar – Is the Window for Selling My Business Closing? – with Greg Rush from Dunn Rush. An investment banker and wealth manager talk about selling your business, specifically:
- How Covid impacted the M&A market and which types of companies benefited or were hurt (2:12)
- Timeline for a business sale, best practices to be prepared, characteristics of top performing companies (6:30)
- The impact of potential tax changes (14:12)
- How to build a financial plan to help you make important business planning decisions and chose the right deal structure (18:20)
- Factors contributing to the strong market and the thing that could derail things (21:38)
- Specific advice for business owners now (28:10)
- Q&A (38:24)
Check it out now and if you’re short on time, cut it in half by doubling the playback speed!
Have a business, but no plan?
Get a free consult with an investment banker and wealth manager.